Tuesday, September 1, 2015

a golden state

 Sailing from Berkeley to San Pablo Bay:  Stiv is an excellent mariner and sailor which made this trip highly awesome.
Here I am, pretending to know what I'm doing.

Surfing in Los Osos... I can't take photos of myself surfing, but you get the idea. 

 Woodrow's tiny house, which I'm told is called a "casita." Los Osos CA

 The Rough Fire, always threatening our 8-day backpacking trip in the Sierras... Always making the skies more amazing, more scary, more psychedelic.



 Woodchuck Lake, John Muir Wilderness.  We didn't see any woodchucks...

 Crown Basin, a classic sub-alpine meadow at 10,500 feet with 13,000 peaks in the distance.  The fire smoke was pretty bad though, so it's hard to get a sense of the scale here.




 Scepter Lake, John Muir Wilderness.

Half Moon Lake