Friday, August 17, 2012

surprise yourself.....


Say no once in a while.  It's good for you.

I  recently took a job, a real job, that paid a six-figure salary.  I hated it and it was killing me.  It didn't take me long to realize that.

So today, I quit.  Simple.  I was happier when I lived in a rotting city bus on Kauai.  Happier when I lived in a horse barn in Los Osos, or an old school-house in the Oregon Coast range.

This life here:  14 hour days, traffic, stress, impersonal people....  not worth it for money.  I'd rather live in a cardboard box (which might end up happening anyway) and do it my own way.



5 comments:

pranaglider said...

congratulations on your new position! people live their whole lives and never realize they are in chains. good luck

Slim said...

Best to you, N. Maybe I'll see you back north down the road.

surfmama101 said...

I am speechless and very inspired by your story... I might follow your path and decide to live my dreams... Karmic Voyager, your blog is very dangerous :)

Foul Pete said...

six figures?! six figures?!

karmic voyager said...

those six don't go far in california... not as cool as it sounds, trust me.